• 10 of the most fantastical Burning Man creations!
• Is the traditional office workspace on the verge of extinction thanks to technology?
• Women, we’re all girl bosses now.
• When you’re surrounded by negativity, how can you protect your energy?
• Steve Pavlina’s advice on selecting projects wisely is spot on. “Sometimes people dive into new projects because they really want to make some money or to “get something going.” They put pressure on themselves to start a project mainly for the sake of trying to create some forward momentum. While forward momentum can be a beautiful thing, I would actually recommend against this approach. Usually when I see people try to motivate themselves like this, their projects fizzle out within a matter of months, if they can complete them at all.”
• Jasmine Star has some goal setting advice.
• Why is it impossible to make plans these days?!
• Evernote is a must-have for a lot of creatives I know. If you want some tips on how yo put it to use for client projects, this is a great guide.
• Vin Diesel can sing. And, he does so by himself quite often, filming the performances for your listening pleasure.
• Basic but powerful advice: trash the “too” from your vocabulary.
• Molly Crabapple was interviewed over at The Great Discontent and it’s brilliant. “I suggest you focus in on your weirdness, your passions, and your fucked-up damage, and be yourself as truly as you can. Express that with as much craft, discipline, and rigor as you can; work as hard as you can to build a career out of that, and then you’ll create a career that you love and that’s true to yourself, as opposed to doing what you think other people want and burning yourself out when you’re older.”
• 50 essays that are guaranteed to make you a better person.
• Sea Of Shoes is one of my favorite fashion blogs (I’ve adored Jane’s style since 2008) and now, she’s partnered up with her boyfriend to create a food blog called Thyme & Temp. The photography is absolutely beautiful, check it out!
• The coolest closed down diner: Johnie’s Coffee Shop in LA.
• There is such a thing as a popcorn covered car.
• If you’ve ever gotten stumped on what certain photography terms mean, this glossary is a must-read.
Image: The Motivated Type.
Check out more Link Love columns right here.