It’s Friday and I’m working from home today, sitting in my black-walled bedroom with Rocky snuggled up next to me. Chubs is in the next room over, listening to Christmas music. What’s new with you? Here’s what’s new with me:
1. Short But Sweet NYC Trip: I just booked a very last-minute flight to New York for Bianca’s Christmas party. I’m also excited to meet Gala’s new dog, Cleopatra! I just texted her and told her to add “pet Cleo 500 times” to our to-do list next Friday. 😉
2. Editorial Design Times: Work-wise, I’m balancing a few large editorial design projects at once but thanks to an ongoing obsession with magazines, those never really feel like work. To be honest though, I’m ready to wind down for the year after next week and take a legit break. Yessss.
3. Car Search: Joey and I are looking at cars and thinking about buying a Kia Optima — everyone we know with a Kia says they’re super reliable and I’m at that point in my life where I view a car as a way to get from point A to point B — practicality is everything. Do any of you own a Kia and have feedback on how you like them?
4. Kitchen Remodel: We’ve been putting off the biggest renovation job of all in our house, a new kitchen. There’s a reason why I’ve never shared a single kitchen photo during the seven years we’ve had this house: it’s a legit hot mess. Time to rip it out this Winter!
I’m off to talk to Erika and find something new to watch on Amazon Prime (anything you’re obsessed with? With all the choices, I’m never sure what to watch next.)
Have a great weekend!
• If you only have time to click one link this week, read this beautiful piece by Alexandra Franzen: On hiding, censorship, and the impossible task of trying to please everybody.
• Ready to fuel up on a bunch of random statistics and facts? Check out 52 things I learned in 2016.
• The year-end lists are coming! The best books of 2016.
• Do you talk about your debt or is it a well-kept secret?
• Spending too much time sucked into the same sites online? If your media addiction has taken over your productivity, here are 5 tips to curb it.
• Take a look at the 10 most beautiful libraries on Earth!
• What do the oldest people on the planet eat and drink every day?
• Esquire Magazine rounded up their list of the 25 best podcasts of 2016.
• In your daily life and work, find ways to stay curious.
• Ahhh, I’ve been there so many times. What should you do when a client suddenly goes silent?
• The New York Times shares its most popular recipes from this year.
• Random but really cool: overhead photos of street vendors taken in Hanoi.
• It’s never too late to learn how money works and take control of your finances.