• Why are you not doing that one thing that you really want to do?
• Everyone has to start somewhere and these stories of how people working their dream jobs got their start are super inspiring.
• There’s nothing wrong with being basic.
• I’m so glad to hear that print catalogs are making a comeback!
• Need tips to dress up your pet squirrel? Well, here you go!
• Super successful people share what they wish they knew when they were 22 years old.
• If you have a limited amount of time to clean your house, use these tips.
• Feeling restless? Here are 4 things to do when you can’t travel.
• Photographers, is it necessary to share every single photo shoot that you do?
• Want to know how to handle competition like a pro? Promise has some great tips!
• These indigenous folks are way more inventive than the fashion industry!
• It’s okay to not do it all. Really.
Image: Shaped glyphs print by Variety Show.
• If you have a ton of digital photos, here are 5 tips to archive them.
• To produce your absolute best work, you need to take care of yourself.
• Wowza! High fashion maven Kate Lanphear is now the editor-in-chief of Maxim!
• Entrepreneurs, tax season is creeping up! If you’re not sure where to start with the process, this article can help.
• Who said it? Kanye…or your creative director? Haha!
• Learn how to disagree without being a jerk!
• My friend Joey is going strong on year two of taking a photo of one new person every single day and I love looking through the portraits, virtually meeting strangers from all walks of life.
• Take a tour of the deserted mansions of an American heiress. Such a fascinating story!
• My friend Sian just launched a line of beautiful prints. Check em’ out!
• If I ever have a set of Legos again in my lifetime, these gold-plated ones will do.
Image: Hedy Lamarr in Ziegfeld Girl.
• If you read just one article this week, please make it this. The next time someone tells you to be more presentable and basically encourages you to be someone else, take a stand and remind them that you’re just fine being you.
• If you’re trying to figure out whether to name your business after yourself or something more professional sounding, this article weighs the biggest pros and cons of each.
• It’s a simple message we all need to be reminded of: Feck Perfuction.
• If you have a few million Euros lying around, why not pick yourself up a nice, big empty Italian castle?! Um, one even comes complete with stables, a slaughter house (!!!), a chapel and a private family graveyard. Enticing?
• Eek! Mapping the bacteria in New York’s subways.
• I LOVE this post so much. Alexandra reminds us of the 10 slow and difficult steps to moderate success.
• A look back at how YouTube changed the world.
• This article argues that you should tell your children how much money you make.
• I’m so glad folks these days are getting better about appreciating what came before them and repurposing old spaces instead of tearing them down.
• Need help with choosing the colors for your brand? This post can help!
• Well, this is the bathroom of my dreams. Enough said.
Image: Greg Kadel for Vogue Paris.
Check out more Link Love columns right here.
• Your life is a hot date. Now show up.
• If you’ve found your workload lightening up over the winter months, use it to your advantage and work on personal projects.
• Luke Copping just wrote 10 more ways NOT to become a successful photographer which is based on his original (and super popular) article. Most of the advice applies to other creatives, too — read up!
• It’s always good to have a reminder that the perfection presented on social media isn’t the full story.
• There are USB sticks hidden in walls across the world!
• It’s now possible to outsource nearly everything in your life. I hadn’t heard of half of these services before!
• I loved this flashback of popular teen beauty brands. I pretty much used every single one of these, what about you?!
• No really…that’s just how my face is.
• This article is a great primer on laying out the pros and cons of whether you should travel alone or in a group.
• Life hacks that anyone over 50 should know.
• Wow! I had no idea that there was a penthouse apartment constructed inside the Eiffel Tower.
Photo: Anna Danilova
• Having it all is very, very complicated.
• Amazon compiled a bucket list of 100 must-read books.
• No-bullshit business advice from the best boss ladies around.
• ”In the middle of my writing day, I sometimes take a Facebook break. I know I shouldn’t do this.” A memoir is not a status update.
• 5 myths about creating digital products.
• Pretty much the best Instagram discovery as of late: Skellie.
• As a creative, what’s your purpose?
• An interesting read about changing consumer tastes: The Shake Shack Economy.
• I’m a big fan of tile in bathrooms and here’s 4 tips for getting the mix of styles right.
• 6 questions you should stop and ask about a company’s culture before you accept the job.
• 24 things no one ever tells you about the publishing industry.
Photo: Sevigne Typeface by Reserves.
• It doesn’t matter how poorly your day has gone….today isn’t over yet.
• I love a good vintage car and the weirder and more obscure, the better. Here are 5 of the rarest cars in the entire world!
• The funniest thing I’ve read in ages: ship your enemies glitter!
• 5 awesome tips to help you save money while traveling.
• A tortoise was recently fitted with a Lego wheelchair to help him move around. Amazing!
• To fall in love with anyone, do this.
• To fall out of love with someone, do this.
• 16 quotes to make you feel amazing, just the way you are.
• Richard Branson spills the beans on how to run two businesses at once.
• Ha! A mid-90s infomercial spoof for The Facebook actually features AOL’s number.
• A laughable collection of one star reviews!
• Scrolling through these beautiful beaches in Greece makes me want to go back for another visit badly.
Image: J. Crew.
Check out more Link Love columns right here.
• Here’s some fantastic advice on how to find a great job when you have no time.
• When you don’t know what to write about, Braid has some super helpful tips to get the words flowing.
• Learn from the best: 28 steal-worthy tips from the most productive people on the planet!
• In need of some new tunes? NPR rounded up the top 50 albums of 2014.
• Is it time? 8 signs that you’re ready for a rebrand.
• The lives of millennial career jugglers: “Unlike the legions of Americans who work several jobs out of necessity, these young people elect to stretch themselves thin. While one job usually pays the bills, another gig provides a more creative outlet.”
• Here’s how to clean and care for your leather boots in winter.
• I love the internet because of gems like this: an illustrated guide to every David Bowie hairstyle from 1964 to 2014.
• Here’s how to set goals that you’ll actually keep.
• Looking for some new reading material? Here’s a roundup of the best books of 2014.
• If you’re a graphic designer looking for a job at a startup, here’s how to negotiate your salary.
Image: Fabio Bartelt for Vogue Brasil.