It’s a beautiful, crisp, cool Saturday and I’m eating oatmeal while listening to inspiring talks by Oprah on Youtube (love her voice!) and tying up a bunch of loose ends before leaving for Palm Springs and Designer Vaca in a week. I’ve been excited all month as the anticipation builds — if you’ve never been and would like to attend next year, here’s my post about what to expect.
I know this has been a difficult month for a lot of folks, myself included so the allure of connecting with new and old friends, getting in plenty of pool time, wearing this dress and getting a night in at The Avalon to relax sounds like the perfect opportunity to reset for the rest of this year.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!
• These are the 5 best places to travel to alone.
• What happens when one of the best ballerinas decides to give it all up?
• 100 women in tech to follow on Twitter.
• I love these tips on curating your Instagram account.
• One of Michelle Obama’s biggest accomplishments in the White House has been this amazing garden.
• Paul Jarvis has a great mindset on growth and success within a business.
• There are still so many places in Palm Springs left to discover and The Amado looks like a pretty sweet place to stay!
• DIY Rainbow gold bath bombs? Yes, please!
• I love the colors, patterns and everything else about this new project from Cocorrina.
• Kodak is going back to its roots with a refresh of one of its most iconic logos. So good!
• Am I the only one that gets immense satisfaction out of a well-designed menu?
• I’ve been watching a lot of Oprah’s Lifeclass episodes while I work and especially love this one all about cultivating your inner self and this one about something I strongly believe: when you know better, you do better.
• Wow! The universe has 10 times more galaxies than we originally thought!
• Translating the Harry Potter books is not an easy undertaking.