Itâ€™s really starting to feel like Fall around here big time â€” Iâ€™m working from home today and am already noticing how much darker it seems at 6 pm than usual. The list format was a lot of fun last week so Iâ€™m going to give it a try again because thereâ€™s a lot to share.
1. Be thankful for what you have right in this moment: I briefly mentioned this earlier in the week but my cousin Matt had an aneurysm and is in the hospital right now. Itâ€™s been a stressful few days as I wait to hear how his surgery came out. Matt has never had an easy life but is a really good guy â€” he takes care of my grandparents so I know theyâ€™re feeling a bit lost right now. Please think good thoughts for him. This is a reminder that as long as you have your health, youâ€™re doing good. Anything else is just a bonus.
2. My favorite Fall drink: I love my local coffee shop, Speedboat. Theyâ€™re some of the nicest baristas in town and are always coming up with not-on-the-menu concoctions. Chai is often my go-to drink but a lot of the local brands are super potent to the point of tasting like a mouthful of perfume. They came up with a mix of chai, a dash of vanilla syrup and extra foamed milk thatâ€™s absolute perfection. Give it a try!
3. Palm Springs dreams: Over the last 6 months, I worked with a singular goal in mind: getting pre-approved for a place to call home in Palm Springs. Joey and I didnâ€™t find what we were looking for last time (both places werenâ€™t quite right in the end) so we continued our search and are heading back down soon to check out some more. I know that things like this unfold how theyâ€™re supposed to and if itâ€™s right this time, weâ€™ll finally find the right fit. Either way, weâ€™re not giving up.
4. Good friends donâ€™t have to live nearby: This week, I FINALLY met the ever-elusive Paul Jarvis! Yes, heâ€™s real. Weâ€™ve literally been running a business together for an entire year (The Project Prescription) yet this was our first meeting in-person. Paul, along with his awesome wife Lisa joined us for dinner and Joey whipped up his best vegan lasagna while Chubs chomped down on a leftover piece of garlic bread. Paul knows about my photo booth obsession and I wasn’t going to let the moment get away undocumented!
5. Making a house feel like home: For the last two years, I felt a big disconnect from my home because I spent most of my time time at work. When I was here, things never felt finished. Joey and I made a commitment this Summer to start pulling it together, room by room. Itâ€™s amazing what a few small changes can make and itâ€™s totally possible on a budget â€” I found Mandiâ€™s post about redecorating really inspiring and Iâ€™m working on some content around befores and afters to share with you, too.
6. Major skincare excitement: Iâ€™ve been wanting to try Glossier products for what feels like forever so when my designer Sam surprised me with the new set of Supers, I was over the moon. The branding is fantastic, the formulations are unique and Iâ€™m excited to crack them open tonight!
Okay, itâ€™s your turn!
Whatâ€™s on your mind this week?
â€¢ Philip Glass has so much goodness to share on the topic of being an artist, controlling your work and getting paid for it.
â€¢Â I love this post about steering clear of adopting a clientâ€™s anxiety.
â€¢Â OMG, this cat is supposedly the biggest in New York!
â€¢Â Designers, need some Halloween costume ideas? Here you go!
â€¢Â 10 ways to find logo design inspiration.
â€¢Â Who knew that Bill Clinton has a talent for baking cookies?!
â€¢Â I eat popcorn all the time as a snack and didnâ€™t realize itâ€™s possible to DIY the microwave version!
â€¢Â As the U.S. presidential election gets closer, Iâ€™m definitely feeling more stressed out but thankfully, SNL came to the rescue with the best parody Iâ€™ve seen featuring Alec Baldwin. Nailed it!
â€¢Â Dinner party conversations donâ€™t have to be awkward.
â€¢ Whatever you crave, one thing is certain: taking action gets you everywhere. Go Get It! keeps you accountable as you work towards achieving a singular goal.
â€¢Â Braid Creative has tips on how to write your About page.
â€¢Â Andy Warholâ€™s illustrated childrenâ€™s book was never released during his lifetime but is finally making its debut!
â€¢ I LOVE this chart about judging who someone is. #truth
â€¢ Check out the 39 greatest free web fonts!
â€¢Â British swear words ranked in order of offensiveness made me laugh â€” spending so much time with my BFF Kat rubbed off and I now use â€œwankerâ€ alllll the time.
â€¢Â There are just 13 apartments left inside New York City libraries and thereâ€™s a fascinating history behind them.
â€¢Â Totally random: the coolest sneakers in movies.