When you’re posting so late it’s already the weekend, you know it’s been a little-too-full week! Ever since the start of September, things have been picking up steam both personally and professionally and I’m super excited to see how the rest of this year plays out.
Because of a bunch of impending opportunities and changes, I’ve been a bit more introspective and spending less time online lately as I try to figure out how to balance work with this thing called life. I’m also getting better about taking the time to explore my own creativity without the pressure to share every outcome. Ahh, the olden days! Funny how everything eventually comes full-circle.
September always feels like it’s on fast-forward around here with my birthday, Joey’s birthday and our wedding anniversary all within a 10 day span of each other. It’s a month of reminiscing on funny stories while also looking forward to making new memories and remembering to appreciate the little things along the way like these red flowers from my birthday that seemingly showed up in every photo I took this week. 😉
Have a good weekend, friends. xo
• Remember when we were simply humans free from spending every waking hour sitting on the internet? Too much time spent online almost destroyed this man’s existence. Intense.
• MoMA just put thousands of historical exhibition photos online dating all the way back to 1929!
• 15 career tips from smart women. Amen!
• I’m always interested in checking out other people’s creative book recommendations and here’s a great roundup.
• The best ways to cope with a noisy office.
• Nesha explains her step by step design process and it’s packed with valuable tidbits.
• This article is a reality check on the climate change issue and it sure is scary.
• Somebody actually tracked Homer Simpson’s jobs and salary over the course of 596 episodes!
• Promise explains how to stay focused and get stuff done.
• So random: thermal photography of classic American foods!