I’m so happy it’s Friday — this week feels like a complete shift from last, which was really, really hard. Things are starting to click, I’m getting back into the work groove and I can feel my creativity finally coming back…and that’s a big relief.
This week was also my birthday and it was good! This was the first time in a long time I was home for it which was honestly nice for a change. Joey and I shared a bottle of rosé, I visited The Liquor Store with my dad and took a bunch of new photo booth strips and also got some cuddles in with Rocky and Chubs.
I’ve got a long workday ahead but the payoff will be going out to lunch with my mom tomorrow, doing some plant shopping for our newly landscaped yard and putting some finishing touches on our remodeled bathroom so I can finally photograph it. Taking it easy…and I’m happy about that!
Have a great weekend and thanks as always for reading. xo
Photos: 1. This is the last time our room will look like this. Changes are in-progress! 2. Gotta love a weekend coffee date. 3. A stack of photo booth strips from my 35th!
• As creatives, we often like to do many, many things but to carve out your niche, it’s important to narrow down what you want to be known for.
• People have anxiety about all kinds of random things.
• I’m obsessed with this adorable little creature named Rhea, an adopted lovebird with a beak and feather disease.
• These recently discovered portraits of Marilyn Monroe are beautiful.
• 5 ugly truths about becoming a freelance designer.
• I really enjoyed reading about my friend Breanna Rose’s new mood board process. This has been a sticking point in my client process and the clarity from another designer was much needed.
• I’ve always wanted a secret room hidden behind bookshelves, what about you?
• Ever wonder why hotels give you all the basic toiletries….except toothpaste? Me, too!
• 8 things web designers can learn from the fashion industry.
• If you end up with an unexpected chunk of money, this is what to do with it.
• These portraits of animals dressed in human clothes are oddly entertaining.