Yay, it’s Friday!
I’m excited because Joey has an art show tonight featuring his paintings and also, it’s Chubs’ birthday!
In case you don’t know who Chubs is, he’s a squirrel that fell down our chimney 2 years ago when he was a newborn. Near-death at the time, he’s now thriving and doing extremely well. If you’re curious to learn more about Chubs, here’s everything you need to know.
Besides that, the construction madness that’s been happening at home is nearly wrapped up. I’ll have a before and after post for you soon but the short story is that when my brother and I bought our house 7 years ago, the upstairs bathroom next to my bedroom was covered in yellow and brown floral linoleum on the floor AND walls. It was ugly…but not causing any issues so we focused on a bunch of other more urgent projects first.
Over the last month, Joey has been remodeling that bathroom which has meant no sink or toilet. You don’t realize how much you take for granted in your daily life until the basics are gone! Good news is that the tile is now done, the finishing touches are being put on the space as I speak and best of all, we have one blank wall that is getting covered in this wallpaper. YES!
This week, I’ve been pretty out of sorts work-wise after spending 7 days in Vegas so I have a lot to catch up on and with that, I’m going to sign off. Have a great weekend!
Photos: 1. I love these Steve Madden heels I picked up in Vegas (and are very dusty from the desert). They’re super comfy for the height and I’ve been wearing them with skinny black cigarette pants, a few chokers and fitted t-shirts. 2. Happy Birthday, Chubs! 3. With a bunch of recording for courses and guest podcast spots in my near future, I picked up the Rode Podcaster microphone and it’s been worth every penny. Highly recommended!
• I can’t stop watching this GIPHY of Bill Clinton playing with all the balloons. Ha!
• Adjust your life accordingly.
• This week, I launched Project Prescription Photography alongside Paul Jarvis and Luke Copping to help take the guesswork out of developing a client process for photographers. As creatives, we can all benefit from processes that help us work smarter and more efficiently.
• To be successful, here’s what you need to do, plain and simple.
• I love hearing about a company that takes great care of its employees and Basecamp is one of them.
• How do you feel about peel and stick subway tile?
• 61 of the best web design books you should read.
• When it comes to taking photos for your brand, always rock your personal style.
• These buildings resemble the things they sell!
• It’s okay for your business vision to change over time.
• The art of negotiation can be tough! Here are 5 ways to make it easier.
• I like these easy to understand illustrations that cover proper restaurant etiquette.
• This hat made me laugh out loud.
• The 22 best FREE cursive fonts.
• I absolutely love this mantra and think about it often when I’m making big financial decisions.
• 5 inspiring books to boost your creativity this Summer!