This has been a really long week and I spent most of it in a deliriously tired state but with the downs, there are always ups on the other side — tonight’s plans involve plenty of packing for a trip to Vegas that’s mostly business (but with plenty of pleasure thrown in!) with my two BFF’s. Looking forward to the good times that await.
Yesterday, a few hours before Joey was supposed to board a flight, one of the main pipes in our house decided to break and after some frantic ticket re-booking and searching for ancient parts, things are okay…but it’s a reminder to expect the unexpected when you have an older house. They’re worth it for the charm though, right? Haha!
Rocky also hurt his foot and my poor little guy has been limping around. I stayed home from work today to give him extra cuddles and Chubs is sitting here next to us. Awww.
One fun thing that happened this week is that my brother found an 8 foot tall cactus on Craigslist and a sweet 85 year old woman had been growing it for 25 years! She’s transitioning into an assisted living home but I’m excited to keep this beautiful masterpiece going strong in her honor.
Finally, if you missed it, here’s Chubs eating a plum. It’s almost his birthday. Yay!
Have a great weekend!
Images: 1. Longtime reader Jamie knows about my love for Michael Jackson and llamas and sent me this photo. Yesssss! 2. One of my new favorite Portland hangouts is Americano. It specializes in Italian coffee by morning and Italian drinks by night. 3. This is the Craigslist cactus that’s now in the corner of our living room — it’s a giant!
• I didn’t know this existed! The New York Public Library has 9 librarians that serve as a human Google, answering totally random questions. Need to know the answer to the question “How many British monarchs have been left-handed?” They can help!
• Always make your own rules.
• 5 ways to set yourself up for vacation success as a freelancer.
• Watch the first ever Sony Walkman commercial from 1981. This is hilarious!
• Esmé dives into the trouble with blogging and the comments are also worth a read.
• When you feel like nobody knows who you are, show up and be
• What do you think about changing your last name when getting married?
• 9 ways to keep your flowers fresh.
• So interesting! The Secret Emotional Life of Clothes features 7 different stories about how clothes have the power to transform us.
• Taking a nap is like letting Marie Kondo loose in your brain.
• Tips to plan your best vacation ever.