I am collectively shaking my head with what’s been happening in America this week and it’s heartbreaking. I couldn’t sleep last night and have been at a loss for words — but I think Beyoncé said what a lot of us have been trying to articulate. She also said:
“Fear is not an excuse. Hate will not win.”
And with so many injustices happening, I’ve had a hard time sitting down and getting the work done. Blogging and graphic design this week has felt secondary because my mind, like so many of yours, has been wandering towards what can be done to help.
Kindness and awareness are more important than ever.
The bottom line: we are capable of doing good and making changes.
We’re all in this together.
“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” — George Bernard Shaw
• This video is less than a minute long but sums up what it’s like to be black in America.
• Someone finally designed an easier way to hang art.
• 5 inspiring reads to boost your creativity.
• Anna wrote a short and sweet piece about black lives matter. And, she’s right: “All these things we celebrate daily: Art, design, music, homes, books, food—what do they matter if we’re existing in a society where a black man has to fear for his life every time he leaves his home?”
• Here’s how to find your one thing in a sea of possibilities.
• I LOVE the advice Alex offers up for when your project doesn’t “take off” in the way that you expected.
• Esmé wrote about what it’s like to be chronically ill….but afraid of being labeled as lazy.
• Here’s 10 places to legally download or stream movies for free.
• I find this research so interesting!
• The one thing to pack in your office lunch.
• I love it when other creatives open up about comparison and envy because they’re human emotions we’ve all felt…but can be embarrassing to talk about.
• This article roundup on how to do anything is awesome.
• What is branding, really?