This week has been a bit of a downer for everyone, it seems. There are definitely times I try to avoid the news altogether in an effort to stay positive but it’s also good to be aware and there’s just so much negativity and sadness in the world right now. We’re all feeling it…so I’m starting small. Making more eye contact. Chatting a little longer with the people I meet. Smiling more. The little things. The most important thing you can do is to show the people around you that you care.
I flew home from Miami on Monday and there’s always that feeling of transitioning back from a fantasy world where days are full of exploration and discovery versus the usual routine of work, errands and responsibilities. I feel like it always takes a solid week to click back into reality fully. I’m always thankful for new experiences but the post-vacation blues are real.
On cross-country flights, I tend to catch something but I thought I’d escaped it this time around — until a sore throat turned into a full-blown cold Tuesday night. With two full days in bed now behind me, I feel somewhat human again. Missing a few extra days of work wasn’t ideal but sometimes those moments that force us to slow down are needed and totally necessary.
Anyway, I hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead! I’m going to be playing catch-up in the studio and working on some fresh blog content but it’s totally worth it in exchange for all those magical Miami memories.
Have a good one, friends! xo
• If you only have time to read one post this week, make it this one and ask yourself….is your life actually a good one?
• This is a post my Virgo, organization-obsessed heart is totally into — find out where to buy the best supplies to get your place super organized!
• This is so interesting! The so-called world’s ugliest Pantone color is being used to deter smokers.
• 5 signs your dinner party host is great at their job.
• I totally agree that your website is your most valuable employee. Is it working as hard for you as it could be?
• Here’s the reason why you can’t photocopy money!
• A British grandma’s politeness reached all the way to her Google searches. So cute!
• 10 things designers need to streamline!
• It seems like the friendship conversation is on everyone’s minds lately, including mine. The New York Times asks, why is it hard to make friends over 30?
• Instagram likes and comments are plummeting.
• The world’s 50 best restaurants in 2016 according to Grub Street.