I’m excitedly gearing up for a nice, long holiday weekend here and looking forward to no traveling and no real plans which is so nice for a change. What about you?
Over the weekend, I finally had the chance to visit Pine Street Market but it was much too busy to snap any new photos — if you’re visiting Portland this summer, definitely add it to your list! There are so many great local food choices inside.
The highlight of my week was going out to lunch with my grandparents. As they’re each nearing 90 and have had health scares over the last year, I know it’s important to make time to catch up with them. Sometimes I get on the phone with my grandma and an hour will fly by — her stories are legendary. Can you believe they’re on the verge of celebrating their 67th wedding anniversary?!
I’m going to sign off for the weekend and relax! Hope you have a great one and enjoy the links below!
Photos: 1. I’m obsessed with this Elle cover featuring Bella Hadid. So striking and beautiful! 2. The beauty of having my own hangout room at home is…that I can kick my feet up on the coffee table whenever I want! 3. I love this type. 4. The basics: good reading and a cozy blanket.
• Is your reliable day job holding you back from diving full-time into freelancing?
• Stop over apologizing for everything.
• Swiss Miss was one of the first blogs I ever read and today is its 11th anniversary! Wow!
• You’re killing me with your picnics. Haha.
• Check out your internet download speed….because you can.
• Sagmeister Walsh is looking for a photo / styling intern.
• 3 tips for making a great bouquet every time.
• Creativity is more than just 10,000 hours of deliberate practice.
• 11 great wallpaper options.
• The 100 greatest American films of all time.
• 13 things to remember when you love a person who has depression.
• Here’s a look into what it’s like to be 13 years old right now. All I can say is…I’m glad I grew up without a cell phone.
• 5 great camera options for bloggers.