How was your week? Mine was a blur of meetings, calls, dinners with family and Skype dates with best friends — which is why all my blog posts I’d had planned…are going live today! Woohoo!
Things are good but I’ve been feeling worn down and knew cutting out of work early was necessary yesterday. After catching up with my mom and aunt, I promptly tucked myself into bed at 8 pm and it was the BEST THING EVER. Why is sleep impossible to catch up on as an adult?! I remember all those summer vacations from my childhood filled with endless hours of boredom and had no idea how truly great that was! Haha.
Let’s take things way back to the 90s for a second — did you drink Italian sodas as a kid? I remember going on vacation with my parents and when they’d order a latte at the espresso stand, I’d always try a new flavor. I’d totally forgot they’d existed until spotting one at my local coffee shop a few days ago. So simple and so good.
This is my favorite look right now. Excuse the weird angle, I couldn’t get the full PARIS in any other way I tried! It’s from Forever 21 and I’ve been wearing it with a ribbon tied around my neck — this one is Giuseppe Zanotti who has the best signature around. I want handwriting like that! Anyway, I was texting Gala about our new ribbon obsession and thought…maybe it’s a bit reminiscent of Colonel Sanders? The ultimate fashion icon! 😉
I’m off to wrap up a few projects before heading out for the weekend and I hope you have a good one! xo
• If you only have time to read one post this week, make it this one, all about fame and fortune. It’s such a great reality check.
• The history behind New Yorkers always wearing black.
• 6 secrets of radical productivity from Tina Roth Eisenberg, an entrepreneur who runs 4 businesses!
• Everyone I know seems to be on Snapchat. Are you?
• 9 cult French pharmacy products you can buy on Amazon.
• 13 amazing female podcasters to follow.
• There are some really great new interviews up on Freelance Wisdom.
• Here’s how to overcome fear and grow your freelance business.
• I’m obsessed with the mix of fashion images on the God and Prada Tumblr! A treasure trove of good stuff.
• Changing the world is easier than you think.
• 5 ways to make your brand more personal.
• Kate shares a beautiful reminder to never give up and has a ton of helpful resources for the times when everything isn’t okay.
• 5 signs you need a design process.
• I love reading about other freelancer’s recommendations on bookkeeping and freelancing to learn from their systems.
• 5 killer tips to land your first job.
• How do you feel about Instagramming food photos? Yay or nay?