It’s Friday, the sun is (finally) out and I’m excited for the little things — a haircut tomorrow (it’s been a year!), booking hotels for my Palm Springs trip and carving out some time to work on my portfolio.
This week flew buy and no matter how hard I tried to catch up on client work and blogging, the balance of work and life commitments kept falling flat. As John Lennon once famously sang, “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” and you just have to roll with what comes your way.
I have a pile of inspiration waiting in folders to share with you, snippets of half-written posts…but I also know my limits. I know when to give myself a break, proclaim that good enough is good enough, turn off the lights and head out to a happy our to unwind and relax. There’s a sense of relief and clarity in knowing that a new week and a fresh start are ahead.
I’m signing off to catch up on what I can and I hope you have a relaxing, fun filled weekend!
P.S. These are some things I’m loving at the moment: the colorful vintage light selection at Lounge Lizard, my marble tray, my new tattoo patterned dress, the newly redesigned InStyle Magazine, Aesop hand cream, watches by The Horse and a simple rose gold collar I wear every day.
• The big news of the week is that Instagram is switching its feed from chronological order to best posts first. I prefer the way it is now but a business is a business and evolution is necessary.
• Speaking of evolving, it’s a great thing and should be welcomed.
• Wow! This Airbnb rental comes complete with its own bookstore!
• 12 designer tricks to create an effortless room.
• A roundup of the the 5 most iconic female photographers of all time.
• The internet is working to design out toxic behavior in an effort to cut back on online abuse.
• Something I would definitely love to have at home: a cocktail computer!
• All of Donald Trump’s insults are now conveniently gathered in one place.
• Before you reach for another cup of coffee at work, grab one of these healthy snacks instead.
• Ha! 7 embarrassing branding blunders.
• I used to shop on Yoox all the time for discounted designer goods but had long forgotten about it until this week when I was on a search for black pointy wedge ankle boots (these are the ones I got!). Their selection is unbelievably good.
• An interesting look at the proof of evolution you can still find on your body!
• I’m in love with this 15 year old gator named Rambo who rides a motorcycle.
• 25 songs that tell us where music is going.