I flew to Portland Tuesday night, promptly unpacked my suitcase and got back to work the next morning…but I’ll never forgot those 6 days I spent in New York filled with friends, snow and some of the best times I’ve had in recent memory.
Who knew that closet cleaning and organizing books by color could be FUN? I mean, maybe this stuff is just entertaining for OCD Virgos but either way, it was really entertaining with plenty of trudging through 2 feet of snow in-between, not to mention multiple servings of hot chai lattes at Caravan of Dreams and french toast at Cafe Mogador.
Since I’ve been back home, I’ve been hyper-focused with catching up on work. Squirrel cuddling. Baby puppy petting. Deciding that my daily work uniform is a black suede jacket covered in round silver studs (from the aforementioned closet purge). Figuring out the process of buying my Palm Springs pad later this year. Prepping for the launch of Project Prescription. Actively courting the types of work I want more of (skincare and beauty brands). Thinking about longer term goals versus the usual, short-sighted “how much can I get done today?” mentality.
I hope you have some fun weekend plans ahead! I’ll be staying home, finalizing issue 8 of Rock n Roll Bride Magazine and just chilling out after a week filled with the blizzard and too many cabs and airports.
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” —William Feather
• I showed up on Gala’s doorstep in New York City last week and we got to work organizing her apartment including the shelves in her living room, which she recorded and shared on Periscope!
• You never know what someone is going through. Even one small gesture could make their day and save their life.
• Such a fascinating read about David Bowie, the invisible New Yorker.
• Putting yourself out there is difficult but it’s important to learn how to write without fear.
• What a time and money saver! Truebill allows you to find, track and cancel your paid subscriptions with just one click!
• The MoMA Cookbook features recipes from Dali and Warhol!
• These 10 steps will teach you how to build a 10 million dollar business.
• Teenagers share what they think is cool and what isn’t.
• This lady hilariously recreates celebrity Instagram moments with mixed results. Haha!
• In my dreams, I have a house with a rooftop infinity pool.
• Courtney Love talks about the collaboration she just did with Nasty Gal.
• Interested in hiring a graphic designer to give your business some professional polish? Read this article first so you have a better idea what to expect.