Before I take a little break from going into the office for a few days (hot apple cider, terrible movies and present opening, here I come!), I have one final project to share with you for 2015.
If you’re looking for ways to make 2016 the most magical, special year ever, the Radical Self Love Coven Almanac (what a mouthful!) may be just what you need. The brainchild of Gala Darling, it features over 100 pages of exclusive content contributed by an eclectic group of women and reading through it as I was putting this project together left me with so many ideas on tweaks I could make to my own routine.
And, let’s get real for a second — as a designer, a lot of the projects I take on are very structured. There are very specific guidelines, wants and needs so when a client comes to me and hands me a few folders with complete free reign of the design, I use it as an excuse to get weird. Projects like this reignite that creative spark that can sometimes feel dormant. Working on this over the last few weeks reminded me why I became a designer in the first place all over again. Really, it was a perfect way to end this year on the project front.
Some of the contents included in this digital book / magazine hybrid include:
• A 12 month calendar, complete with magical + fun dates to celebrate.
• Morning routines submitted by the savviest women around — just WAIT till you read Danielle LaPorte’s! Seriously, so epic.
• Horoscopes hand-penned by the Astrotwins (I met them last year and boy, do they know their stuff.)
• Personal essays that will motivate you to kick your life into high gear big time. Feeling that support when you need to make big changes is AWESOME.
• Illustrations by two of our super talented friends, Emily Faulstich and Louise Androlia.
• A collection of 12 worksheets full of prompts for every month next year to keep you on track.
There’s much, much more but I want to leave a few surprises. 😉
Gala and I wove 109 pages of exclusive content together into one beautifully designed, downloadable document which means that you can have instant gratification. YES! No waiting for the mailman (or Santa!) necessary — save down this content-packed PDF, click through the hyperlinks included inside (just wait till you see Gala’s epic list of book recommendations!) and then, print this beauty out to give your 2016 a kick in the ass.
I’m so proud of this project because it’s essentially the makings of a magazine. I’ve known Gala for well over a decade now and her dream was always to have a magazine but all those years back, due to cost, she started a blog instead. Well, it’s finally happening! If this incarnation does well, we’re already talking about creating a print version for the following year and THAT has me really excited.
Here’s to supporting your friends and making cool shit happen.
You can order a copy here. Let me know how you like it!
Have an amazing 2016, friends!