If you’re ready for a change and itching to make a shift in your career, you’re not alone: research shows that 70% of Americans feel the same exact way you do…and would gladly quit their current job if they could.
It’s true that once you get outside of your current situation, there are endless opportunities. I speak from personal experience. In 2001, I began blogging to fill the creative void I felt from spending my days inside a mauve-walled office. I answered phones and stuffed envelopes and finished each day feeling drained. There was very little promise of advancement and I knew that there had to be a better way.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” —Viktor E. Frankl
Blogging opened many doors for me — it allowed me to build solid industry connections, use my creative posts as a calling card to get into some of the best design studios in town, work with some of the best-known companies on the planet (Virgin, Forever 21 and Nike are just a few), do guest-speaking gigs and best of all, blogging was the catalyst that allowed me to launch a thriving studio of my own. Thanks to blogging and online networking, my studio is now booked out months in advance. Blogging has consistently provided me with opportunities I doubt I would have had otherwise. And I know that with the right tools, you can build a career you love, too.
That’s why I’m so excited to announce that today, The Blogcademy is coming to your house. To be clear, Kat, Gala and I aren’t actually flying to your town and knocking on your door (but hey, that would be pretty awesome!) but you will be able to access our full course from your computer.
Until now, our workshop was only available in-person but it bothered me that so many of you were missing out — taking time away from work and family, not to mention covering travel expenses is no easy feat. And I truly believe that modern learning should be done on your terms — there’s nothing better than absorbing knowledge whenever you want, wherever you want.
The one thing I’ve learned in this life is that nobody is waiting around to create an opportunity for you. You can’t wait for doors to open; you have to be willing open them yourself. If you’re craving change, it’s up to you to take the lead and create a life and career you love.
In 2012, I joined up with two of my friends to found The Blogcademy. We’d each carved out very different niches online but they met in the middle, on some very common found: we were each able to take our passions (design, weddings and self-love) and turn them into our full-time careers. And, we knew that all the real life experience we’d gathered from running thriving online businesses could help others do the same. For two years, we taught classes all over the world, honing our content and figuring out what worked and what didn’t. 1,000 students later, we knew it was time to deliver our workshop in a format that opened the doors to everyone, no matter where they happened to be located.
Introducing The Blogcademy Online
With Blogcademy Online, we’re opening the digital doors to a treasure trove of content you can immediately apply to your own blog and business. We filmed our segments in front of a live audience (so you can feel like you’re part of the fun!) and broke our two day class down into 18 video modules so you can pace yourself and decide how fast or slow you’d like to go.
We cover a lot of information in those 18 videos:
We’ll give you the essential formatting basics to make sure your blog looks its best, and then we move straight into creating a blogging business plan to help you work out exactly where you want to go. We’ll teach you how to hone in on discovering your ideal reader, as well as writing a killer about page, and solidly defining your blog’s purpose. We cover everything you need to know to create killer content, discuss the importance of consistency, show you how to use social media for great results, teach you how to network (without feeling like a creep!), and give you a big branding rundown, complete with the resources we use every day. We do a case study of The Blogcademy, answering the question, “How did you teach over 1,000 people in just two years’ time?” We’ll also show you how to compose and shoot great still life photographs, teach you all we know about blog advertising, give you the scoop on brand collaborations, show you some business documents you’ll need, discuss diversifying your income and show you how (and where!) to find great images you can use on your blog.
With Blogcademy Online, you’ll receive:
• Over six hours of video lessons, broken down into bite-sized modules. They’re easy to digest, actionable information that you can watch whenever and wherever you’d like!
• A 300+ page transcript of the entire class. This as an enormous how-to-blog bible!
• 24 pages of action-packed worksheets and activities. These will help you implement everything you’ve learned.
• A massive list of resources which includes every single book, tool, website and professional we personally recommend. This is priceless! Every online resource we mention in class is hyperlinked in the back of the transcript — just click and go!
• Lifetime access, baby! The course is yours to keep. You can login, watch, and rewatch the lessons as many times as you like!
• An absolutely insane amount of know-how and encouragement. With over 30 years of collective blogging experience, we really have done it all. As a blogcadette, you get the opportunity to learn from our mistakes… And our successes, too!
• Access to our private Facebook community. There are currently over 300 Blogcadettes in the group, and it’s growing every single day. The forum is full of helpful, supportive bloggers and entrepreneurs. It’s the ideal place to ask for advice and to be among people who ‘get it’!
And We’ve Added A Few Special Bonuses:
• A pre-course worksheet for you to fill in before you start the lessons. You’ll receive this immediately, and it will help you assess where your blog and business are now. Clocking in at a walloping 14 pages, this will allow you to get a firm grip on where you are, and where you can improve.
• An exclusive 22-page Blogging Business Plan! You can use this as a roadmap to chart exactly where you want to go, and how to get there!
• A pack of 10 computer wallpapers. Beautiful visual inspiration is icing on the cake!
The Blogcademy Online is $497, or you can pay in two easy installments of $250. Eight months in the making, I am so proud of this digital course — and I hope it helps you carve out a life you love. If you’re ready for a change, it’s possible. I’m over here, cheering you on.
“Things do not change; we change.” —Henry David Thoreau