• Anil Dash has some great insights on the web we lost.
“When you see interesting data mash-ups today, they are often still using Flickr photos because Instagram’s meager metadata sucks, and the app is only reluctantly on the web at all. We get excuses about why we can’t search for old tweets or our own relevant Facebook content, though we got more comprehensive results from a Technorati search that was cobbled together on the feeble software platforms of its era.”
• Just in time for the holidays: a collection of celebrity Santa magazine covers!
• Bond Creative Agency was brave enough to rebrand Santa Claus!
• Someone asked Cary Tennis why people in L.A. are so mean. I liked his response and the comments were also really good. In my opinion it’s probably more of a generational gap — and it’s never cool to write off an entire city based on your own bad experiences. Some of my best times have been in LA! It’s all about perception and who you choose to surround yourself with.
• Gala has some advice on what to do when you feel like your heart has been ripped out.
• If you’re a photographer (wedding and otherwise), here’s some solid legal advice.
• Breanna Rose shares what creatives should consider including in their contracts.
• Have some extra time on your hands before the holidays hit? Make your own hand-painted wrapping paper!
• The Dare To Play campaign by Sephora is so beautiful in its simplicity.