Jean Shrimpton by Richard Avedon for Harper’s Bazaar, 1965
Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers! I’m taking the rest of the week off to enjoy some much welcomed family time and I hope you have the chance to do the same. See you back here Monday and thanks for reading! Now, onto this week’s links…
• Will you be blocking Black Friday? #blockfriday is all about seizing the opportunity to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and ourselves.
• In case you were wondering how David Lynch is spending Thanksgiving, The Hairpin has you covered!
• Listen to Eleanor Roosevelt: It’s your life.
• My longtime friend and collaborator Bianca Alexis finally has a blog! She’s a retoucher in New York and also a major fashion fan and she has lots of great information and insights to share. Check her out!
• New York Magazine wonders, when did the internet get so nice? “Ten years ago, the web offered the worldview of a disaffected apparatchik and the perils of a Wild West saloon. Brawls broke out frequently; snideness triumphed; perverts, predators, and pettifoggers gathered in dark corners to prey on the lost and naïve. Now, though, the place projects the upbeat vigor of a Zumba session and the fellow-feeling of a neighborhood café.”
• Lessons for creatives from the world’s biggest rappers. Hell yes.
• Kat of Rock n Roll Bride shares 8 skills you need when running your own business!
• The 4 P’s of marketing are far from dead, they’re coming of age.
• You have to see this 72 year old grandpa who models teen girl clothes like no other. The best part? He’s modeling the clothes for his granddaughter’s store and sales have increased five-fold!
• Gotta love bicycle taxidermy!