I know that many of you weren’t able to make it to the opening of My Cross To Bear so I set aside a stack of oversized postcard flyers (5.5 x 8.5 inches) just for you.
If you’d like one, all you have to do is send an email to art @ nubbytwiglet.com with Art Show Flyer as the subject line and your address in the body. EDIT: ALL GONE! Thanks for your support, everyone!
This offer is completely free, no strings attached! The first 50 respondents will receive a package in the mail in early 2012. Happy holidays!
• I love this creative way to visualize 2012 by filling up your walls with handwritten notes of goals!
• Simple, solid advice: When you hit 28 or 30, everything begins to divide…
• Unlike most American companies, Amazon focuses on long term timelines instead of quarterly earnings and its strategy seems to be working.
• Unstuck is a free app that helps you diagnose the moments in your life when you’re feeling stuck, diagnose the issue and in the process, help you move forward.
• A 100 year old letter to Santa was found hidden in a chimney.
•The idea of having a personalized self-inking stamp is so cool!
• The best Tumblr discovery in a long while: WTF is Michael Jordan Wearing?!
• I love the use of color in the collection of calendars by The Indigo Bunting.
• National Geographic has just announced the winners of its 2011 photo contest.
• Brand New rounds up its list of the worst identities of 2011.
• Galadarling.com just celebrated its 5th birthday!! Take a little walk down memory lane.
Collaged walls don’t have to be a forgotten relic of our teenage bedrooms as these scans from my Decor Notebook demonstrate. When images are organized in a grid or arranged on a black wall, the look becomes much more refined and grown up.
Last week, I found these simple yet powerful screen prints by coniLab on Etsy and thought they’d be a perfect reminder to hang in my office, just in time for the new year.
With so many blogs peeking into other people’s (seemingly perfect) lives constantly surrounding us, it’s easy to lose track of our own in the shuffle. Some people are born knowing what their path in life should be but for the rest of us, it isn’t that easy. Sometimes it takes more than a just dream — a mentor, a specialized education, money, a plan. When you do finally find the right path, everything else begins to unfold as it should. I took a few chances this year — the kind where you feel your stomach drop for a second and wonder, “What have I just done?” Those are the chances that make you feel alive though. I just kept repeatedly telling myself, “When you put yourself out there, great things usually happen” and I feel like I’m wrapping up the most fulfilling year yet (trust me, it wasn’t easy). If you’re unhappy or unfulfilled, It’s up to you to make that shift. Embrace what makes you unique instead of erasing it in the process. Put your best foot forward, let the entire world know what you want to do with your life and then conspire to make it happen. 2012 is right around the corner and it’s never too late to do what you love and love what you do.
The best designed Willamette Week cover ever. I love this vintage newsprint look!
My favorite new shirt from Forever 21. Editorial design on clothing? Yes, please!
Fancy, tasty tea.
The lobby at W+K is pretty amazing right now. Not shown: tons of mythical creatures, including a massive pure white unicorn!!!
I’m hoping to get a post up about the jumbo art show flyer giveaway next week. Thanks for being so patient!
The bookshelf in my bedroom featuring fresh flowers, a glass head and ceramic milk carton vase.
Even though I’m not a meat eater, I LOVE this humorous sign in the S.E. Portland location of Olympic Provisions that greets you as you enter.
I’m a wee bit obsessed with the design of this magazine cover.
Have a great weekend!