• The whys and the hows of textures in web design.
• It’s always fun to read a first-time visitor’s views of the city you call home. I’m so glad that Positively Present enjoyed her stop in Portland!
• Freelancers, listen up: be smart and save your money!
• A huge battle over the trademark of the famous Keep Calm and Carry On posters wages on.
• What would famous logos look like if their designers had chosen generic type that almost everyone has access to?
• When the fairytale ends, real life begins.
• People keep dissing Kanye’s fashion debut in Paris but I think it had glimmers of some fantastic concepts. Susie Bubble’s review is the most level-headed that I’ve seen.
• Herb Lubalin was a typographic genius and the power of his work lives on. It’s easy to see why he’s still the idol of so many designers to this day.
• I’m intrigued by the the book Creative Personal Branding. Sounds like a no-nonsense, engaging read.