CARSON Untitled for the rad Buddy Carr shirt!
Just received my massive reorder of Mouth With Pill stickers this week. I’ve been handing these babies out since 2005. They’ll be back up in my shop very soon…
That’s my mannequin, Twiggy. She just chills in the corner of my office.
I like to relax on the weekends by collaging in my Fashion Notebook which is mostly themed by color.
Wearing acid green eyeshadow from the MAC Cine-Matics palette in Double Feature 2.
Sweet notes and cards from clients and friends…it’s been a great week. xoxo
Interview, August 2011: Cover by Mert & Marcus.
• Vogue Paris takes over LA. Oh so glamorously, of course.
• The reality of blogging while maintaining a full-time job.
• A goose wearing sandals?!! Now I think I’ve seen everything.
• There are fake Apple stores popping up in China.
• Why do you wear makeup? Do you feel different when you wear it? Has it become part of your identity? I Fell Down the Cosmetics Rabbit Hole is a great read.
• The worst pieces of love advice as told to Garance Doré!
• Nostalgia is not new. Hey, in 1991 people were already having 80s-themed parties.
• A really easy tutorial on how to style a beehive.
• 21 Google Plus circles you can actually use.
• How to make Photoshop faster!
• You really should listen to Barry White while applying for jobs. Really.
• I love the minimal design of the new Kinfolk Magazine website.
• Broke and the City: Actually affordable NYC thrift stores.
I love the randomness of this page! You can’t go wrong with crazy jewelry, Michael Jackson and a dash of gold. The piano image is from an old issue of Teen Vogue. View the full Fashion Notebook set on Flickr.
I’m always curious about what everyone else is inspired by because that inspiration tends to seep into whatever we’re doing, whether it’s writing, design or altering our living spaces. Here’s what’s currently inspiring me in a major way!
INSPIRATION BOARD 01
1. Bambi Northwood-Blyth for MUSE by Tim Barber. This entire shoot reminds me of long summer days. 2. Kelly Jill’s photography. 3. Anything from Margiela in lemon yellow! I already have these shoes and they’re like a big exclamation point to finish off any outfit. 4. Nothing says summer like this beautiful portrait of Elisa Sednaoui for Bazaar Spain. 5. I’ve wanted a clever bookend like this forever. 6. The hand-illustrated chalk drawings by Dana Tanamachi totally blow my mind.
INSPIRATION BOARD 02
1. Sometimes we need a little reminder to stay true to who we are. 2. I fell for this Asos dress that Gala showed me but it sold out before I could snap it up! 3. I love the rustic charm and hefty type on this grain sack pillow cover. 4. Open interior spaces. 5. The Prada Fall 2011 campaign is the epitome of otherworldly 60s. 6. I want Emma Stone’s entire mod wardrobe in the July 2011 issue of Elle. 7. I’ve always loved this Anthony Burrill poster.
INSPIRATION BOARD 03
1. Tsovet watches. I’m not big on recognizable status watches, instead preferring something that is a bit more unique and under the radar. 2. Luxe accessories with major edge like this bag from Versace Fall 2011. 3. I never get tired of a structured, all-black wardrobe! 4. The work of photographer Ditte Isager is the epitome of understated cool. 5. Loving The Landing identity by Jamie Stolarski. 6. The August 2011 German Vogue cover featuring Claudia Schiffer is gorgeous.
INSPIRATION BOARD 04
Well, this really isn’t an inspiration board but can I take a minute to profess my love of Kate Spade’s current site incarnation?! Graphic gorgeousness in black and white and classic with a dose of pop. The brand’s use of type and patterns is always spot-on.
Dear readers, what’s inspiring you at the moment?
Hanging out in my natural habitat on Thursday: Wearing a F21 dress and slip with H&M tights.
I’m loving the new M•A•C Cine-Matics On-Screen Palettes because the color combos are somewhat unexpected and not what I’d normally pick out for myself. My favorite so far has been the Double Feature 2 featuring lime green and shimmery graphite.
Walking around the industrial part of S.E. in the Motel Jordan jeans and Acne Atacoma wedges. I love hanging out in this area on the weekend because it’s nearly deserted.
The remnants of a M•A•C counter visit. I wish all makeup packaging was this minimal and stylish.
Yesterday, I visited Produce Row Café (with about 15 other people; the table was so long that it felt like the Last Supper) and it was AWESOME. I’ve passed by it a million times and from the outside it looks fairly nondescript but the inside resembles a quaint, French-inspired café with worn wood tables, a tiled wall with vintage lettering, huge wooden beams and fancy wallpaper. And their menus are cute. I wanted to soak in every detail and transport it back home to Wolfgang Manor. Here’s a nice little collection of interior photos.
Someone looks very regal in their new red harness…and is very annoyed with me for taking their picture.
Sally Hansen Mint Sprint nails + NARS Napoli lipstick. This was taken in between dining on a plateful of tacos with the one and only Auntie Nubs.
I have the best friends. I’d been obsessed with this cardigan for awhile (don’t worry, it will make an official outfit post appearance very soon) and Kristin just sent it as a thank you for our recent collaboration. It’s light enough that I’ll surely be wearing it all summer long. Thanks, Kristin! Okay, time to get to work on some overdue rounds of work. Have an adventurous weekend!