First off, to my American readers, Happy Thanksgiving!
• New York Magazine produces some truly awesome infographics.
• Gotham, A History of New York City to 1898 sounds like a fascinating read. Though, the actual book weighs in at over 6 pounds! Now available for Kindle (and a much lighter load), a sample of nearly 100 pages is completely free.
• Style blogger Jazzi is now the L.A. Editor of NYLON Daily! Congrats!
• This sad cliché happens way too often: I have everything but my life is empty.
• Wow! Indecorous Taste turns a standard pair of Nikes into ruby red sneakers!
• Super Grandma is the best photo essay ever and such an inspiring story. “A few years ago, French photographer Sacha Goldberger found his 91-year-old Hungarian grandmother Frederika feeling lonely and depressed. To cheer her up, he suggested that they shoot a series of outrageous photographs in unusual costumes, poses, and locations.” Her depression has since completely disappeared!
• The eye candy in Maripol’s book is oh so good. It really is the best of the 80s fashion scene. Gotta get this one.