I love the gritty urban jungle that I live in — never a dull moment.
Sweater, Mink Pink @ Urban Outfitters
Studded headband, F21
Silver heels, Diana Broussard
Key (on chain), LaCie IamaKey 8GB
Zipper jeans, Silence & Noise Twig Jean @ Urban Outfitters
Bag, Miu Miu
While roaming around Portland, there are a few places that I’ve been inside of that immediately took my breath away. I never really connected the dots until recently but they all seemed to have a few things in common: a very sleek, modern core containing a lot of glass merged with slightly rustic wood grain details.
When I first stepped inside North a few months ago, it was easily one of the coolest spaces I’d ever been in so I asked who’d designed the interior. Turns out that the honor goes to Portland’s Skylab Architecture. Here are some of my favorite projects of theirs:
Departure Restaurant & Lounge, Portland, Oregon
North Ad Agency, Portland, Oregon
Sugar Laboratories Salon & Spa, Portland, Oregon
Flavor Paper Wallpapers, Brooklyn, New York
East Chinatown Lounge, Portland, Oregon
Doug Fir Lounge Restaurant & Bar, Portland, Oregon
On Sunday, Joey, Rocky and I headed out of town for an overnight stay in Hood River. We didn’t do a whole lot or take many photos — instead, we just enjoyed escaping the city for a day. I loved some of the old signs around town. Rocky came along with us everywhere, even though he had to be carried like a baby and smuggled into a few places!
Served with Love
When we got home, Joey made us homemade popcorn on the stove. Served up in a heart-shaped bowl, of course.
I totally admit to being drawn into ordering food based on the design of the menus. This one is from the Slingshot Lounge.
Key to the Content
Remember how I mentioned my new LaCie IamaKey USB drive a few weeks back? I decided to start wearing it as a necklace — that way, when I am making the rounds between multiple agencies and computers, I am always prepared. Though, maybe I look more like a latch key kid. 😉
The Shoes that Started it All
They keep me company in my office every day. My favorite thing that Michael Kors has ever designed! Now I wish that I had gotten all the weird colors they came in at the time.
I’ve been a little incognito from the internet for the last week because I’ve been working with the Fiction team. Such a nice bunch of folks!
I’m gonna finish up this week, take some photos in the new pile of stuff that just showed up from Urban Outfitters, go out for a nice dinner and wrap up a couple of freelance projects. What about you? Got any big plans?
Image via Shala
• If you have a super limited budget but want to know where your cash can take you, check out Kayak’s Explore feature.
• The owner of Zappos explains why he finally sold his company to Amazon after turning them down in the past.
• If you own Cydwoq shoes or have considered purchasing a pair, please read this first. I’ve never heard of such terrible customer service!
• Gala Darling just returned home from Vegas and penned The International Playgirl’s Guide to Vegas and a handy list of do’s and don’ts.
• “In Hong Kong, cars drive on the left while in the rest of China, they drive on the right. If you’re building a bridge between the two, you’ve got to come up with a clever way to switch lanes without disruption or accident. Behold the flipper bridge.”
• Have you ever wondered how to delete your account on popular websites? Sometimes, it’s harder than you think!
• The realities of running your business: do you have what it takes? (via gala)
• This Palm Springs wedding is so unbelievably tasteful and stylish.
• Finally, who wants to move into an egg house with me?!!
I am a huge fan of Non-Format and I love this spread they designed for Very ELLE, a special
biannual edition of the French version.
All of The Typofiles can be viewed here.
On Sunday night, Joey, Rocky & I took a mini vacation in Hood River and stayed at the quaint, turn of the century Hood River Hotel. I wanted to be comfortable while traveling but still have a pulled together look so I paired some of my favorite neutrals with a pair of super sturdy Dries van Noten wedges.
Quail Florette Bomber
Tribute ‘The Sidewalk Never Ends’ shirt
Woven shorts, Forever 21
Time Teller P watch, Nixon
Wedges, Dries van Noten
I love the Quail Florette Bomber so much — it’s lightweight and easy to throw on over a simple shirt while adding some visual interest. And, I’ve worn these Dries Fall 2007 wedges for two years now and they are still probably the favorite pair of shoes I own.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel…The Sprawl was a long strange way home over the Pacific now, and he was no console man, no cyberspace cowboy. — William Gibson, Neuromancer
Today, I picked up my gray nubuck Camilla Skovgaard wedges from Halo that I ordered many, many months ago. I’ve worn the black ones to death and this is basically my ‘summer’ version. If you want a pair, call Halo at 503.331.0366 to order – they’re over $50.00 cheaper than shopbop is listing!
Gray zip dress, Forever 21
Gray rayon scarf, Forever 21
Neon yellow slip, Forever 21
Gray suede wedge boots, Camilla Skovgaard
P-Series watch, Nixon
Thanks to Joey for taking the photos.