• Over at North last week, this article had us cracking up big time. Jason Hartley is the author of “The Advanced Genius Theory: Are They Out of Their Minds or Ahead of Their Time?” About Sting, he says:
I have wrestled with Sting’s Advancement status for years. I’ve come to believe that he is Super Advanced because I find it almost impossible to enjoy his work on any level…
• This sounds odd but is really cool: tiny colorful towers. Can we turn one of these into a psychedelic tree house?!
• I LOVE this 1970′s concept car!
• The J. Crew team must never sleep – they just opened a brand new bridal boutique.
• Urban Outfitters now has a Beauty Section on their site with tons of cool makeup and related products!
• Oooh, I love this collection of magical tents.
• Very interesting and something that we should all consider:
Frustrated with the carefully chosen photos of Africans “dressed in rags, smothered in flies, with [looks] of desperation” used to symbolize poverty by development organizations, Duncan McNicholl has started a photography project in which he takes two photos of a person: one in a typical poverty pose and the other with the person “looking their very finest”.
• Jeffrey Campbell always delivers! Check out these super fierce Alexander McQueen knock-offs.