• Freelance Feed serves up bite-sized bits of freelance-related information on a daily basis.
• AOL has just rolled out is new brand identity. What do you think? In this case, should the simplicity be mocked or celebrated? In their defense, they were smart to drop the dated Web 2.0 reflections.
• If you’re trying to design a unique portfolio, Smashing Magazine is here to help with 69 Sexy Portfolio Designs to Inspire You.
• The truth hurts. Why nobody cares about your blog.
• Find out how the H1N1 vaccine is made. “The most striking feature of the H1N1 flu vaccine manufacturing process is the 1,200,000,000 chicken eggs required to make the 3 billion doses of vaccine that may be required worldwide. There are entire chicken farms in the US and around the world dedicated to producing eggs for the purpose of incubating influenza viruses for use in vaccines. No wonder it takes six months from start to finish.”
• Are you a snotty artist?
• Designer Andy Mangold generously shares some online portfolios that he’s inspired by and critiques them as well.
• If you’re a Morrissey fan (or just a huge album art buff), Sleevage carefully dissects the meaning behind his latest cover which becomes more fascinating as each layer is peeled away.
Happy Thanksgiving to my U.S. readers! I am off to spend the day at my grandpa and grandma’s house. We are having our mini feast in their cabin this year, but since I don’t eat meat, I’ll probably gorge on fresh baked rolls and pumpkin pie instead. Enjoy your day off!