I was recently cleaning off my computer and came across a folder of collages I made back in 2007 as an experiment for Black & White Graphic Insight. Working with your hands opens up your mind to think about design in a completely different way. After sitting in front of the computer for the majority of this year, I am itching to get back into collaging to break up my routine in 2010.
By Zoe Bradley.
• Smashing Magazine shares 50 beautiful and creative blog designs.
• Everyone’s new favorite blog obsession: The Photodiarist captures amazingly soulful New York City moments photographed in mostly black and white.
• Luxury might be dying off in the U.S. market, but it will survive by migrating to India and China.
• I stay caught up on all the East Village happenings (my favorite neighborhood to stay when I’m in Manhattan) through the blog EV Grieve. It covers everything from shootings to new condos to store vacancies.
• Freelance Switch teaches you how to leverage your blog to promote your services.
• Only Luxirare can make food preparation look downright sexy.
• How I Survived China: One man’s tale of the pollution he encountered is a huge wake-up call.
• Gala Darling looks adorable with blonde locks. In her latest outfit photos, she reminds us that we can layer up our Summer basics to make them work through the Fall and Winter months.
• Anthropologie has launched a new site called The Anthropologist and I love the spare, minimal design. How refreshing!
What are your favorite links of the week?