• Molly Crabapple, a world class illustrator and the founder of Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School just received a multi-page write-up in the New York Times! Even better, we’ve joined forces for a top-secret project that I have very high hopes for. This girl is unstoppable!
• Five ways to get your blog indexed by Google in 24 hours.
• Design Observer remembers American photography legend Irving Penn, who died on October 7th at age 92.
• Dani of Hope Springs Internal just posted a little interview I did last week.
• Mara Zepeda has perhaps the most beautiful calligraphy ever!
• Smashing Magazine shares beautiful examples of kinetic photography. Of the process, it says “When you hear the word kinetic for the first time, probably the first thing that comes to your mind is motion. Kinetic Photography, also known as camera tossing, is a technique of shooting photos with the actual physical movement of the camera. However, it does not necessarily involve tossing of the camera — you can also shake, bounce, swing or spin it.”
• Movie posters for minimalists.
• Over at Condé Nast, the layoffs have begun.
• Did you know that Barack Obama’s smile is amazingly consistent?
What are your favorite links of the week?