1. The creator of Comic Sans speaks out.
2. High end designers are rebelling against steep department store discounts that are slashing their profit margins.
3. Attention shopaholics! Urban Outfitters is offering free shipping on all U.S. online orders through April 27th at midnight. Just enter OHSHIP while checking out.
4. Do you participate in the famed Things I Love Thursday? Give it a try and be grateful for what you do have (instead of dwelling on what you don’t). I’m especially liking this quote by Louis E. Boone that Gala posted this week: “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains two descriptions: might have, & should have.”
5. Is this the most inappropriate logo of all time?
6. America’s Newest Profession: Bloggers For Hire claims that “In America today, there are almost as many people making their living as bloggers as there are lawyers. Already more Americans are making their primary income from posting their opinions than Americans working as computer programmers or firefighters.” Amazing.
7. Find out why personal and business branding work best together.
8. According to Losing Its Cool At The Mall, teens are becoming much more value conscious when purchasing apparel and bypassing higher priced stores like Abercrombie altogether.
9. The new makeup line by Amelia Arsenic of Miss X Aesthetic Laboratories is truly, truly outrageous. Check out the red, black and white details and packaging!
What are your favorite links of the week?