In the Spring, it rains a lot in Portland but this year I’m prepared. Normally, I’m not a fan of yellow but when I spotted this super mod rain coat at Target
last weekend, it was meant to be. The see-through component makes everything way more fun, especially when cool patterns are peeking out.
Rain coat, Xhiliration
Scarf, Apt. 9
Wedges, Dries Van Noten
Purse, Miu Miu
♥ It’s never easy pulling this much content into a page layout that still works. The more pieces of information you receive, the harder it becomes to put together the puzzle. Yet, Elle manages to dazzlingly combine a CMYK palette with varied typography and images. View The Typofiles set on Flickr here.
Zipper jacket, Halogen
White burnout tank, F21
Scarf, Apt. 9
Liquid leggings, Twelve By Twelve
Lace-up heels, Jeffrey Campbell
Purse, Miu Miu
I woke up really early this morning, drove out to the suburbs to get my taxes done (better sort of late than never!), visited my dad & brother, went downtown and paid a visit to the MAC counter (Gala has gotten me hooked on Pro Lash mascara) and dropped off a pile of shoes for repair. I love productivity! How has your weekend been so far?
The Perfect Working Woman’s Accessory: A Chanel briefcase!
1. This collection of vintage clothing labels not only features some amazing typography but also gives us a peek into a bygone era.
2. Bad paintings of Barak Obama is as funny as it sounds (it’s down for maintenance, but bookmark it for later).
3. A few treasures from Michael Jackson’s upcoming auction make me wish that I had an extra 10 grand lying around so I that I could be the proud owner of an insane espresso maker and a robotic head.
4. What do you think about buying counterfeit merchandise? According to the NY Time’s The Moral Costs of Counterfeiting, people who were told that they were wearing fake designer sunglasses were significantly more likely to cheat on tests than ones who were told that they were wearing real ones.
5. Jealousy Is The Killer of GIRL LOVE is one of Gala Darling’s best articles yet. Timeless advice.
6. Chlöe Sevigny’s boots are truly, truly amazing and I adore this photo of Leigh Lezark.
7. NY Mag has some interesting insight about why New Yorkers are more depressed about the recession.
8. The six remaining Virgin Megastores in the U.S. are shutting down for good. Sadness!
9.Pepsi’s ad campaign sucks and here are some really funny parodies to get the point across.
On Monday, I posted my new 2009 Identity. Since then, I’ve made some changes and additions.
First off, I simplified the cover sheet, dropping my Nubby Script Logo
so that the branding would be more consistent (this was the only piece that contained it). Cover sheets are great when you’re sending rounds of work to a client. The job description, client name and date all help both you and the client stay organized. ‘Cover Sheet’ gets changed to the project name when I am submitting work.
In a perfect world, I’d have a thin cardboard cover for my CDs. There’s already so much black in my Identity that I added the burst of white to liven things up.
Standard-sized envelopes are always nice. Sometimes, you just need them (usually to send invoices and bills). I would include my address on these since I left it off of the letterhead.
These Jeffrey Campbell peep toe booties have that Ann D. vibe that I’ve been looking for but beyond that, I love the huge flaps. They’re like mini wings for your feet! Even though these are seriously fierce, they’re more comfortable than you’d think. The laces are actually elastic and though they take awhile to get perfectly adjusted, once they’re in place, you’re off and running! Since I’m not really a sandals person during the summer months, these will work just fine.