I had to have them. Basically, these boots are a sleeker version of my Dries wedges. A pair of short and practical black boots are something that I’ve desperately needed since my beloved BCBG boots (circa 2000!) have been dying a slow death.
It’s always nice to receive real mail. The lady that assisted me at the YSL boutique in Honolulu a few weeks ago just sent me a sweet personalized letter on the best stationery ever. So cute!
Going to Disneyland earlier this month was really exciting, but at the same time it made me miss the overwhelming size and number of parks at Disney World. I haven’t been since 1994, but later this year, I’m gonna try to pull off a pilgrimage to Florida with my dad. Sidenote: The first time I went to Disney World in 1992, I got to see Captain EO
featuring Michael Jackson! I might be a little
biased, but they should totally start screening it again.
Phone calls from Star
, ridiculously funny chats with Gala
about reality shows, sneak peaks at Helvetica necklaces, hard cider with dad at the Kennedy School
, rediscovering old clothes, stumbling upon a favorite new designer and getting super good feedback on a project I’ve been working on for the last few weeks….
How was your week?
1. Is it time to retire the black and white logo?
2. From the Small Business Marketing Guide: The Do’s and Don’ts of DIY Design.
3. A few clips from Carine Roitfeld’s long awaited CNN interview can be found here.
4. If possible, avoid the ‘power up’ symbol in your logo (via speak up).
5. YourLogoMakesMeBarf.com “is intended to be a humorous look at what can go wrong when an unskilled person (your neighborâ€™s brotherâ€™s uncleâ€™s friend anyone?!) designs a logo.”
6. Six Six Sick wonders, what do we have if we don’t have our own integrity? There’s a big difference between being inspired by something and by flat out ripping it off and the people doing it the most may surprise you…
7. Hmm. What does one trillion dollars look like? I know you’re curious! (via tishon).
8. Park & Cube shows us how to DIY the Rodarte S/S 2009 cut-out leggings.
9. The Guilted Age: Spending to Keep Others Afloat (via murketing).
10. In case you’re curious, here’s a peek inside the abandoned mansion of Mike Tyson.
11. Doe Deere tackles the age of 27 and it’s a good read, whether you were, are or will be 27 soon. I’m 27 and agree with what she’s saying and the comments are also worth reading to see what others’ experiences have been at that pivotal age.
In the Spring, it rains a lot in Portland but this year I’m prepared. Normally, I’m not a fan of yellow but when I spotted this super mod rain coat at Target
last weekend, it was meant to be. The see-through component makes everything way more fun, especially when cool patterns are peeking out.
Rain coat, Xhiliration
Scarf, Apt. 9
Wedges, Dries Van Noten
Purse, Miu Miu
â™¥ It’s never easy pulling this much content into a page layout that still works. The more pieces of information you receive, the harder it becomes to put together the puzzle. Yet, Elle manages to dazzlingly combine a CMYK palette with varied typography and images. View The Typofiles set on Flickr here.
Zipper jacket, Halogen
White burnout tank, F21
Scarf, Apt. 9
Liquid leggings, Twelve By Twelve
Lace-up heels, Jeffrey Campbell
Purse, Miu Miu
I woke up really early this morning, drove out to the suburbs to get my taxes done (better sort of late than never!), visited my dad & brother, went downtown and paid a visit to the MAC counter (Gala has gotten me hooked on Pro Lash mascara) and dropped off a pile of shoes for repair. I love productivity! How has your weekend been so far?