1. Is weird stuff is suddenly happening to you? Gala Darling’s guide on how to survive Mercury Retrograde is a must read!
2. New Yorkers, what are your thoughts on Duane Reade’s new logo?
3. If you’re looking for tons of free, neatly categorized MP3s, head over to Pampelmoose!
4. Charmin toilet paper has found an amazingly effective way to deliver its product to prospective consumers; it now has a public restroom set up in Times Square!
6. The printed blog: Bringing online content offline.
7. It seems too good to be true, but it’s not! Department stores will be giving away $175 million in free makeup next week in the U.S.
8. The NY Times gives us the lowdown on Sephora, including this telling excerpt:
The job is, in many cases, the second one a girl has after working in a fast-food chain, and the wage scale reflects that short step up the career ladder. The frenetic pace of the drive-thru is still there, as are the constellations of acne breakouts (due, I guess, to a promiscuous level of cosmetic experimentation). The polyester smocks and Madonna headsets are there, but now they are a fashionable black; instead of cleaning fry vats, the girls are armed with tool belts and oil-dissolving cleansers.
9. 7 tips on how to write sticky, memorable blog posts.
10. How to snap up that Twitter username you’ve always wanted.
11. The best and worst movie posters of 2008.