Since the year is almost up, I’ve been giving some thought to my goals for 2009. It’s been a bit harder to define what I’d like to accomplish in the new year because I crossed off some pretty big things in 2008. I graduated with my second degree, landed my dream job, bought loads of amazing shoes and spent almost every day doing graphic design or making art, so I’m pretty content already!
I do think that it’s important to be reasonable with expectations for yourself. If your list is too outlandish, it’s easy to get discouraged and to give up! I find that making daily to-do lists helps me stay accountable and to be more aware of what I’ve accomplished.
This is what I came up with, in no particular order:
1. Redo & reprint graphic design portfolio.
2. Launch paid adspace on my site.
3. Finish PDF portfolio for download.
4. Launch 10 new Nubbytwiglet.com merch items.
5. Be more selective about what I buy / give it more thought.
6. Begin editorial art series & explore Psychedelic Relics series.
7. Save x amount of dollars. I have everything I need!
8. Reach top 10,000 blogs on Technorati (I’m at about 25,000 now).
9. Disney-themed birthday with Gala (including tons of balloons & Mickey Mouse ears)!!!
11. Travel to New York, Vegas, Honolulu, LA, Phoenix, Oregon Coast & more.
12. Launch lifestyle & apparel line with my brother.
13. Hit 1,000 blog posts on Nubbytwiglet.com.
What are your goals for 2009?
What are you going to implement to make them happen?
♥ Blue, blue, I love you.
(This one includes two of my idols, Michael Jackson & Mr. T!)
+ The Fashion Notebook set on Flickr.
A week later, the snowstorm continues! Portland never ever gets hit this hard. There’s now a thick layer of ice settled on top of the snow. It really is a winter wonderland!
What I wore:
Zipper coat, Halogen
Beret, Forever 21
Boots, John Fluevog
Purse, Miu Miu
Behold the most perfect Moleskine in existence! Most of you know about my infatuation with Moleskines and Helvetica. When I found out that the two had been merged into one piece of perfection, I immediately wanted one! Fellow reader Lauryn just answered my wishes and sent one over! Amazing.
These limited edition Moleskines were produced by the Helvetica Project especially for an exhibit at LaForet in Harajuku where a temporary “Helvetica Shop” selling products related to the font was set up.
It goes without saying that I will not be using this. It’s my version of the bible and is way to sacred to be written in by a mere mortal! I’m serious.
I ventured out earlier today to take these pictures and it was painfully cold! We’re in the midst of a crazy storm here in Portland. These pictures don’t show the half of it, but there have been huge winds coming through with icy bits of snow blowing everywhere. I live on a busy road and there’s barely any traffic at all. Everything is so still right now.
What I wore:
Red coat, vintage
Dress (underneath), H&M
Wool beret, H&M
Purse, Miu Miu
Boots, Harley (with custom treads)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend (and stay warm)!
When it snows, I have the best footprints around! I got custom Vibram treads put on these boots back in 2005 by my favorite NYC cobbler and they have served me well!
ARCTIC BLAST 2008!!! (according to the local news stations) has been fun. Portland normally doesn’t get snow before Christmas. And, since I’ll be spending the holidays in Phoenix, it’s been nice enjoying the near constant dusting of white powder. The storm hit us hard this weekend and it was fun roaming through Downtown, which looked like a ghost town.
It’s been so consistently cold that I finally pulled out my red leather insulated gloves. They’re GAP circa 2004 and super cozy. There’s nothing like a burst of color to brighten boring black winter clothes up!
I’m still a bit obsessed with these oddly cool red glasses. Not obsessed enough to get lenses put in and wear them out in public, but you know…
I’ve been working on my updated PDF portfolio over the last few weeks and my goal is to have it ready for download sometime in January. Productivity rules!
It’s supposed to snow some more this weekend!!
How was your week?
Now that Yahoo has done a big round of layoffs, what will happen to Flickr
2. Cary Tennis always delivers the best advice to people in awkward situations. Recent gems include My Demons Took Control of Me, I Suddenly Stopped Going To Work, I Slept With My Brother’s Roommate, and last but not least, My Ex in a Lesbian Affair is Cheating On Her Husband With a Man.
3. Beautiful and inspiring quotes from designers can be found here.
4. Do you have a blog strategy?
5. This is perhaps the best organized closet I’ve ever seen. Amazing.
6. A collection of photos featuring London shop fronts via swissmiss.
7. A handy chart of Adobe Photoshop CS3 shortcuts that’s available in a handy downloadable PDF!
8. The JAK & JIL BLOG is still the best place to view outlandish shoes and the best insider fashion snapshots around!