The snow kept falling…and falling…and falling! This is the most snow that we’ve had in Portland in more than 40 years! It was still snowing yesterday while I was sitting at the airport.
I am completely dedicated to my trusty white boots! They’ve kept me amazingly dry, especially since I had to trek to the post office and through some tricky side roads to get to work on Tuesday.
Even with all the headaches of icy streets and cancelled buses this week, the snow is so pretty.
Have I mentioned that I am totally infatuated with my Helvetica Moleskine? Have I?!!
I packed super light for my winter vacation since the temperature is 30 degrees warmer right now in the south. Just call me Nubby Snowbird!
How was your week?
USA Today compiles a list of the best business books of 2008
2. A collection of images featuring clothing labels from around the world!
3. Breathtaking paper-cut typography by Yulia Brodskaya (via speak up).
4. The best and worst logo redesigns of 2008 , complete with commentary.
5. If Marilyn Monroe was a blogger, what would she do?
6. This is a quick overview of many designer logos.
7. How a blogger creates a real full-time income.
8. I am a diehard fan of Jane’s Sea of Shoes blog and now, her mother Judy has started her own equally amazing blog, Atlantis Home!
9. During this dismal holiday season for retailers, the new consumer mantra is If I don’t need it, I won’t buy it.
10. My favorite place to buy shoes in Portland, Halo is having an end of season sale!
Since the year is almost up, I’ve been giving some thought to my goals for 2009. It’s been a bit harder to define what I’d like to accomplish in the new year because I crossed off some pretty big things in 2008. I graduated with my second degree, landed my dream job, bought loads of amazing shoes and spent almost every day doing graphic design or making art, so I’m pretty content already!
I do think that it’s important to be reasonable with expectations for yourself. If your list is too outlandish, it’s easy to get discouraged and to give up! I find that making daily to-do lists helps me stay accountable and to be more aware of what I’ve accomplished.
This is what I came up with, in no particular order:
1. Redo & reprint graphic design portfolio.
2. Launch paid adspace on my site.
3. Finish PDF portfolio for download.
4. Launch 10 new Nubbytwiglet.com merch items.
5. Be more selective about what I buy / give it more thought.
6. Begin editorial art series & explore Psychedelic Relics series.
7. Save x amount of dollars. I have everything I need!
8. Reach top 10,000 blogs on Technorati (I’m at about 25,000 now).
9. Disney-themed birthday with Gala (including tons of balloons & Mickey Mouse ears)!!!
11. Travel to New York, Vegas, Honolulu, LA, Phoenix, Oregon Coast & more.
12. Launch lifestyle & apparel line with my brother.
13. Hit 1,000 blog posts on Nubbytwiglet.com.
What are your goals for 2009?
What are you going to implement to make them happen?
♥ Blue, blue, I love you.
(This one includes two of my idols, Michael Jackson & Mr. T!)
+ The Fashion Notebook set on Flickr.
A week later, the snowstorm continues! Portland never ever gets hit this hard. There’s now a thick layer of ice settled on top of the snow. It really is a winter wonderland!
What I wore:
Zipper coat, Halogen
Beret, Forever 21
Boots, John Fluevog
Purse, Miu Miu