Since the year is almost up, I’ve been giving some thought to my goals for 2009. It’s been a bit harder to define what I’d like to accomplish in the new year because I crossed off some pretty big things in 2008. I graduated with my second degree, landed my dream job, bought loads of amazing shoes and spent almost every day doing graphic design or making art, so I’m pretty content already!
I do think that it’s important to be reasonable with expectations for yourself. If your list is too outlandish, it’s easy to get discouraged and to give up! I find that making daily to-do lists helps me stay accountable and to be more aware of what I’ve accomplished.
This is what I came up with, in no particular order:
1. Redo & reprint graphic design portfolio.
2. Launch paid adspace on my site.
3. Finish PDF portfolio for download.
4. Launch 10 new Nubbytwiglet.com merch items.
5. Be more selective about what I buy / give it more thought.
6. Begin editorial art series & explore Psychedelic Relics series.
7. Save x amount of dollars. I have everything I need!
8. Reach top 10,000 blogs on Technorati (I’m at about 25,000 now).
9. Disney-themed birthday with Gala (including tons of balloons & Mickey Mouse ears)!!!
11. Travel to New York, Vegas, Honolulu, LA, Phoenix, Oregon Coast & more.
12. Launch lifestyle & apparel line with my brother.
13. Hit 1,000 blog posts on Nubbytwiglet.com.
What are your goals for 2009?
What are you going to implement to make them happen?